OMICRON is an international company that works passionately to help make the generation, transmission and distribution of electrical energy safe, secure and reliable. Our pioneering solutions are designed to meet our industry’s current and future challenges. When it comes to electrical testing for medium- and high-voltage equipment, protection testing, digital substation testing solutions, and cybersecurity solutions, customers all over the world trust in the accuracy, speed and quality of our user-friendly solutions. We always go the extra mile to empower our customers: we react to their needs and provide extraordinary local support. A dedicated team of more than 1,100 employees provides 24/7 technical support at 24 locations worldwide.
Some key products
DIRANA: Easy determination of insulation’s condition
DIRANA uses dielectric frequency response (DFR) analysis in order to determine the condition of high-voltage insulation systems such as those in power transformers, bushings, cables and generators. It automatically analyses and determines the water content and the oil conductivity in different types of cellulose insulation. You can test assets filled with mineral oil, natural and synthetic ester as well as air or vacuum. The measurement results are shown in categories defined by IEC 60422.
- Portable, one box solution with low weight of 19KG
- Simple connection concept makes setting up tests quick and easy for all types of assets
- The only device with compensates for the influence of aging byproducts
TESTRANO 600: Simplified and faster testing with our three-phase test system for comprehensive power transformer testing
TESTRANO 600 is the world’s first portable, three-phase test system which supports all common electrical tests on single- and three-phase power and distribution transformers for routine and diagnostic testing on-site or during factory acceptance tests (FAT). Using TESTRANO 600 enables you to perform various tests on power transformers without re-connecting. Thus, TESTRANO 600 cuts testing time down to one third compared to conventional single-phase test sets.
- Fulfills the highest safety standards with an emergency stop button, safety and warning lights and optional safety accessories
- Active discharge function automatically discharges the winding in seconds to guarantee a high level of safety and reduce testing time
- Energizes all three phases to allow simultaneous testing, leading to reduced rewiring effort and shorter testing time
MPD 800: Universal partial discharge measurement and analysis system
Our MPD 800 universal partial discharge (PD) measurement and analysis system represents the next generation of our widely-used and innovative MPD PD testing technology. Enhanced and newly-added hardware and software features ensure highly-sensitive multi-channel PD measurements for reliable, industry-standard PD testing on a variety of electrical equipment and components. It accurately detects and localizes insulation defects and helps you to reliably assess the risk of equipment failure.
- Simultaneous, multi-channel measurements
- Reliable noise-filtering
- Individualized analysis and reporting
- Meets IEC and IEEE standards
UHF 800: Ultra-high frequency partial discharge measurement and analysis system
Our UHF 800 system enables you to perform partial discharge (PD) measurement and analysis with high sensitivity in the ultra-high frequency (UHF) range of 100 MHz to 2 GHz. It offers a reliable partial discharge testing alternative to conventional PD measurements according to the IEC 60270 standard for insulation condition assessment and insulation defect detection in testing environments with high levels of interference due to external noise. The portable and modular design allows a quick and easy setup for UHF PD testing in high-voltage laboratories and testing bays, on-site commissioning (site acceptance testing) and troubleshooting. It is recommended for use on gas-insulated switchgear (GIS) and gas-insulated lines (GIL), oil-filled power transformers and high-voltage cable terminations.
- Broad UHF measurement range
- Easy PD measurement connections thanks to two robust fibre-optic input channels
- Synchronous, scalable system
- UHF 800 works with our flexible, time-saving MPD Suite Software
PDL 650: Acoustic partial discharge localization in power transformers
The PDL 650 is an acoustic partial discharge (PD) localization system for pinpointing the location of insulation defects in power transformers. Even at an early stage, insulation defects produce measurable partial discharges, which emit electrical and acoustic signals at the same time. The PDL 650 measures the acoustic signals with multiple sensors installed across the surface of the transformer.
- Portable, modular, lightweight design
- Reliable measurements
- PDL 650 software gives 3D visualisation so you can clearly see PD defect locations inside the transformer
- Fibre optic cables ensure maximum safety